Making jewelry does not have to be hard or require a lot of precision! I made these earrings to go with my Jeweled Leather Skirt. I used pieces that I had left over of clear plastic vinyl as the foundation, and I added my gem stones on the vinyl.
- Gem stones/beads in your favorite color
- Scrap piece of plastic vinyl
- All purpose glue
- Earring backs
- Take your scrap piece of vinyl and place the beads/pearls in pattern that you like
- Glue the pearls in place
- Cut away excess vinyl around edges
- Glue on the earring backs
- Wear it!
I found this amazing dress at a thrift shop in the East Village. I immediately fell in love with the fabric, it is made in 100% cotton lining and lace. And the edges are all finished of by using bias binding. But as you can see the fit isn’t very modern, so my plan is to make this dress into a crop top and a tight fitted pencil skirt to go with it. Any other ideas?
Alice and Olivia Resort -13
Elin Kling Chambray Short Suit
Stella McCartney Resort -13
Balmain Resort -13
Barbara Bui Resort
Found some really nice linen fabric at Moods the other day, making a suit for the summer!
My vinyl-obsession started about 6 months ago, when I first started experimenting with the material. I bought some clear vinyl and started cutting and sewing. I was so surprised that it was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. There is no seam finish needed to be done, and it worked fine with a regular machine needle. So I started off figuring out how I would cut out the pieces to make the assembling as easy as possible.
Shourouk Satchel Bag
- Clear Vinyl
- Sewing Machine
- All-purpose Glue
- Gold Chain 1 yrd
- 6 Rivets
- 2 Buckles/snaps
- Cut out the vinyl according to the measurements above.
- Sew the bottom side seams. Make sure to leave a little bit of room, about 1/4″ on each side.
- Sew the 4 side seams on the bag
- Use glue to attach the two straps on the bag
- Cut small rectangles of the left over vinyl, and use the glue to attach the gold chain as well as the buckles/snaps.
- Attach the rivets
- Wear it!
I love this project because it is so easy, and is really easy to personalize. Every time I’ve worn my skirt out I’ve received so many comments for it ! You can buy your skirt or make your own. I bought mine in faux leather from H&M. This is the perfect way to pimp up your old skirt that you have become tired of!
Erdem Resort -13
- Gem stones
- Fabric/All purpose glue
- Needle and thread
- Lay the skirt on a flat surface and play around with the gem stones until you find a pattern that you like.
- Use the glue to secure the stones
- Hand sew the stones in place
- Wear it!
Matetrials: Flowers and wire
Step1: Start your crown by securing 2 flowers using wire
Step 2: Add more flowers as you go, wrapping the wire around the stems Step 3: Continue until you reach desired length
Step 4: Measure your flower crown so that it fits your head. Close the flower crown by joining the stems with the beginning of the crown